|QUAIL CREEK GOLF COURSE LOCAL RULES
- Measuring devices that measure distance only are allowed. (Rule 14-3)
- WATER HAZARDS – Rule 26. Yellow and Red stakes/lines shall define the margin of the hazard. All river rock or rip-rap areas shall be played as lateral hazards whether marked or unmarked. For all river rock or rip-rap areas the margin of the hazard will be defined as the edges of these rocks. If there is doubt whether a ball is in or is lost outside the hazard, the player may play another ball provisionally under any of the applicable options in Rule 26-1. Quail #8 drop area may be used as an option. Roadrunner #4 – the drop area may be used any time the ball crosses the (yellow) water hazard line.
- . OUT OF BOUNDS – Rule 27-1 Defined by white stakes or the walls or borders indicating private property of our homeowners, and beyond cart path behind Coyote #9 green. COURSE REGULATIONS PROHIBIT RETRIEVING GOLF BALLS FROM PRIVATE PROPERTY.
- . BUNKERS – All bunkers on the course shall be treated as hazards. Waste areas on the right on Coyote #3 and Coyote #8 are not hazards. In the interest of safety, stones in bunkers shall be treated as movable obstructions. (Rule 24-1)
- ABNORMAL GROUND CONDITIONS – Rule 25-B – -If your ball lies on the putting green, and any of the two permanent flag positions holes not being used for the day interferes with your stance or intervenes your line of putt, you must mark, then lift the ball and place it, without penalty. at the nearest point of relief that is not in a hazard or, if complete relief is impossible, at the nearest position to where it lay that affords maximum available relief from the condition, but not nearer the hole and not in a hazard. The nearest point of relief or maximum available relief may be off the putting green.
- RELIEF FROM TREE WELLS, will only be granted from trees tagged with a green ribbon. If a TREE WELL, with a tagged tree, interferes with a player’s stance or intended swing, the ball may be lifted, without penalty, and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed by an Immovable Obstruction.
- ACCIDENTAL MOVEMENT OF A BALL ON A PUTTING GREEN – Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1 are modified as follows: When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1. This Local Rule applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental. Penalty for breach of local rule: Match Play: Loss of hole; Stroke Play: Two strokes
- 9. Penalty for breach of local rule: Match Play,: Loss of hole; Stroke Play: Two Stroked.
Approved by Joel Jaress, Head Golf Professional, Quail Creek Country Club, April 14, 2017
Take Pride in Your Course
- Fill divots and repair ball marks – yours and others. Rake bunkers and replace rakes in the bunkers after use with the head toward the center and the handle just outside the edge
- Place used tees and trash in their respective containers. Respect the course and others who are playing.
- After leaving the teeing area, golfers are to drive carts on the cart path to the gate post (white post with blue tops), and to enter the fairway area only through the gate. Once in the fairway area, drive only there and avoid driving in the rough until exiting the fairway approaching the green. When entering and exiting the fairway carts should scatter in the rough area to avoid wearing a single lane through the rough.
- Golf carts are not allowed in the desert areas, waste areas, landscaped areas, washes, or within 30 feet of the green. Carts muse remain on paths on all Par 3’s and follow directional signs throughout the course.
- Penalty for breach of local rule: Match Play: Loss of hole Stroke Play: Two strokes
Approved by Joel Jaress, Head Golf Professional, Quail Creek Country Club, August 31, 2018.